Thursday, July 12, 2007

Sake knocks me out and other confessions of a soon to be JET

I’m wondering how on earth I’m going to pack up my life into two 32 kg bags.

I’m feeling a little homesick already and risk overdosing on my favourite things, foods, places, and people.

I’m nervous about my housing and hoping it will be clean, and quiet, and homey and even warm.

I’m worried I’ll have just a sip of sake and be too gosh, darn drunk to find my way home and be unable to ask for directions even in English, never mind Japanese.

I’m not sure how much Japanese I’ll be able to learn.

I’m anxious about teaching in such a formal setting for the first time. What if I open my mouth and nothing comes out? What if something comes out and none of the students react? What if all of the students react and they hate me?

I’m afraid of getting lost; or, not being able to find myself.

I’m pretty sure I’ll end up wearing the bathroom slippers out of the bathroom at least once.

I’m practicing squatting so I don’t end up falling into a toilet.

I’m hoping to get my feet wet, but not get entirely drenched.

I’m already stressing about the job hunt when I return.

I’m concerned that my loving partner of nine years will find a new love.

I’m thinking what if I love Japan so much, I never want to leave?

1 comment:

Hadeel said...

ur gonna be great!! good luck and i'll keep looking out for you on the blogosphere!